Fund and Tax Accountant
Company: Gemstone Communities
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job descriptionFund and Tax AccountantResponsibilities
- Facilitate and prepare federal and state tax returns and the
accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Manage final K-1 preparation and distribution.
- Prepare work papers that support the tax return.
- Communicate with investors on open issues.
- Manage investor management software and all content and
- Prepare investor quarterly and annual updates.
- Manage the back office of capital raises through investor
- Facilitate quarterly and monthly investor distributions and
- Manage fund level accounting and pass-throughs.
- Assist in acquisition, disposition, and event accounting.
- Serve as primary point of contact to all external investors,
ensuring investors' needs are met with the highest level of service
- Respond to investor questions and inquiries related to
performance, portfolio positioning, tax, audit, partnership
documents, and meeting preparation.
- Participate in internal investment team meetings and maintain
deep understanding of portfolio to proficiently communicate
investment strategy and performance to investors.
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, investor
allocations and investor notices
- Review subscription agreements and ensure investor data is
correctly captured in investor portal.
- Work on special projects as needed.Qualifications
- 5 or more years of experience in general tax, preferably with
some real estate or fund investment exposure
- Strong understanding of business flow through entity taxation,
including s-corporation and partnership tax review skills
- Knowledge of partnership structures
- Knowledge of common real estate transactions like 1031
exchanges, sales, & purchases and the tax implications of those
- Knowledge of partnership tax basis
- Strong understanding of the tax implications of admitting new
partners, tax implications of selling a partnership interest, and
partners' contributing and distributing property to a
- Comprehensive technical skills, including providing full
service to real estate investors
- Strong leadership and organization skills required for multiple
- Ability to consider the impact of client transactions during
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of investor relations and reporting
- Ability to give and receive both positive and constructive
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and analytical
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field; advanced
degree in tax is a plus
- Certified public accountantJob Type: Full-timeSalary:
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridaySupplemental pay types:
- Bonus payAbility to commute/relocate:
- Royal Oak, MI 48067: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)Education:
- Bachelor's (Required)Experience:
- Tax experience: 5 years (Required)License/Certification:
- CPA (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Gemstone Communities, Royal Oak , Fund and Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!