Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Provides assistance and support by performing various confidential
secretarial, administrative and assistant responsibilities for
other managers and staff.
1. Provides research and administrative support for special
2. Prepares data on projects and studies
3. Composes correspondence, memos, reports as instructed.
4. Takes shorthand, dictation and/or transcribes from handwritten
material or Dictaphone.
5. Using word processor, types, formats, edits, proofreads, and
reproduces a variety of material including correspondence, memos,
reports, charts, statistics, minutes, etc.
6. Faxes, collects, organizes, files, and electronically scans
7. Electronically maintains appointment calendars and meeting
8. Prepares for meetings, notifies participants, prepares agenda,
takes and transcribes minutes of special committee meetings,
9. Maintains files and security of confidential information.
10. Answers telephones, prioritizes, screens and redirects calls.
Answers questions, handles routine matters on own initiative and
11.Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients,
families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional,
responsible and courteous environment.
12. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to
facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and
13. Makes travel arrangements, orders tickets, makes and confirms
lodging and airline reservations, prepares travel and expense
14. Inputs data for department support for items such as
timekeeping, process improvement, the department procedure manual,
and department phone stats. Enters orders in PeopleSoft and other
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training: 3-5 years of progressively responsible
B. Work Experience: Ability to prioritize work assignments and
anticipate work that must be done on behalf of the physicians,
excellent verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented
and demonstrate interpersonal skills, advanced business writing
skills, able to transcribe dictations using transcription
equipment, must be able to craft executive-level correspondence,
proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: N/A
Other Qualifications: customer-service oriented , strong
communication skills; must present professionally, finesse for
working with a wide variety of people at all levels, ability to
operate effectively in high-pressure situations, organization and
multi-tasking are all other key skills that are required.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Department Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!