Boarding Office Coordinator
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Under general direction, with minimal direct supervision, performs a wide range of functions related to the boarding of surgical cases and maintaining the Surgical Services computer network and database.
1. Under general direction, with minimal direct supervision, performs functions related to the computer boarding of surgical cases which address privileges, suspension lists, equipment conflicts and the completion of pertinent data (address, insurance numbers, etc.)
2. Maintains fiscal responsibility with efficient utilization of operating room resources.
3. Maintains Surgical Services computer network and database with quick, accurate data entry and retrieval with understanding and ability to problem solve.
4. Provides for the coordination of required surgical patient information between departments that facilitates efficient and timely patient flow.
5. Assist in the training of other surgical services boarding coordinators.
6. Maintains commitment for self-growth and professional development. Completes all mandatory education and training in-service programs.
7. Conducts work operations in a safe manner following regulatory requirements and reports all safety hazards to Manager and/or Safety Director or Chairperson.
8. Attends work as scheduled.
9. Demonstrates Customer Focus and SERVICE EXCELLENCE principles.
10. Utilizes scripting as outlined in Service Excellence standards.
11. Demonstrates personal behaviors in accordance with CREDO principles.
12. Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes including TJC and CMS.
13. Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies required for job classification, along with TB testing.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of Chain of Command and initiates as needed.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training: High School graduate or equivalent.
B. Work Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years clerical experience in a healthcare environment. Surgical scheduling experience preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: None required.
D. Other Qualifications:
---Data entry experience with word accuracy, spreadsheet and word processing proficiency.
---Knowledge of medical terminology required and specifically, surgical terminology.
---Problem solving ability.
---Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
---Demonstrated ability to function well in stressful situations and deal with difficult individuals.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , Boarding Office Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Royal Oak, Michigan
here to apply!