CAD Asset Rendering Specialist
Company: Dassault Systemes
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: May 5, 2020
CAD Asset Rendering Specialist
- United States, MI, Royal Oak
Imagine New Horizons....
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault
Syst--mes, we empower our employees and support their passion to
change the world and build the future. Let's design new horizons
together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What Will Your Role Be?
The 3D Consultant is responsible for high-end visualization process
consulting and implementation. They work in partnership with
3DEXCITE customers to deliver global data management, CAD data
preparation and 3D visualization production support. This role will
be responsible for the overall look, feel and color accuracy of
automotive exterior and interior computer generated images for
multiple vehicle programs.
The Challenges Ahead:
- The 3D Consultant Generalist will be expected to work, often
onsite, with 3DEXCITE partner companies.
- This role will Develop Proficiency with 3D rendering programs
such as Autodesk Maya, 3D Studio Max, and retouching or compositing
programs like Photoshop or Nuke, to render, retouch, comp and
deliver High quality 2D images.
- This role will Develop Proficiency with 3DEXCITE DeltaGen,
DeltaBatch, Picturebook and other software products ranging from
engineering-grade CAD software (DASSAULT SYSTEMES CATIA, ENOVIA)
and consumer-grade modeling software (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Rhino,
XSI) to convert, clean, sort, assemble, model and tessellate
- Develops intimate process knowledge of 3DEXCITE workflows,
required project inputs, deliverables, tasks and responsibilities
to perform Virtual Garage operations, and 2D Asset
- Assists with the design and customization of CAD data
preparation procedures and high end visualization work
- Prepares data of client designs (Automotive)
- Renders data of client designs (Automotive)
- Analyze and configure product variations from several reference
- Coordinates data workflow within team to ensure high quality
execution of professional services
- Handles special assignments, investigations and confidential
- Provide technical insight to data prep team as needed
Your Key Success Factors:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Requires 3D Rendering/Modeling Software experience (Maya, 3D
Studio Max, Rhino)
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to deliver
consistently high quality work
- Advanced knowledge of computerized three-dimensional modeling
fundamentals and software
- Advanced Knowledge of computer generated image process
- Proficient in Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop and
- Understanding of a Maya Lighting and production pipeline
including global illumination, HDRI and distributed
- Able to create photo-realistic materials/shaders from drawings,
photographs, scans and various material digitalization
- Able to UV map materials onto complex shapes
- Able to multitask, troubleshoot and prioritize.
- Able to adapt to shifting deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to function well in a
- Works well under pressure and effectively deals with high
degree of ambiguity
- Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills
(written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Excellent client management skills.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Syst--mes offers an excellent salary with potential for
bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the
local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing
comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for
employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term
disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K
match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities
to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit,
qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of
non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common
conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial
status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability,
veteran status, military service, application for military service,
genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: Dassault Systemes, Royal Oak , CAD Asset Rendering Specialist, Engineering , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!