Store Leader (Manager) #1154 (Royal Oak, MI)
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Who we areImagine working in a place where continuous
improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where
fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive
results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee - and Big Bite -. "Brain
Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old
Slurpee - and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other
retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been
ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in
big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we leadAt 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be AccountableEach principle has a defined set of behaviors
which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support
About This OpportunityResponsibilities:As a Store Leader, you'll
contribute to 7-Eleven's success by leading a team to create and
maintain an exceptional store experience for our guests.
Essentially you will be running a small business with a solid,
international company and brand behind you. The majority of your
time will be spent coaching, supervising and directing the team;
making operational and staffing decisions while ensuring
world-class guest service. You will work to maximize sales and
profits by using sound business practices to implement the 7-Eleven
strategy, while setting a standard for guest satisfaction by making
your store a model of our company's Five Fundamentals; Quality,
Assortment, Service, Value and Cleanliness.
What Will You Do?
- Oversee daily store operations, supervise employees and manage
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels to meet the needs of our
- Develop successful sales plans to grow profitability
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate your employees
- Demonstrate leadership and promote a teamwork-oriented
environment setting high standards and modeling behavior for
optimum guest service
- Implement new product lines and create strategies to introduce
and promote them to our guests
- Promote 7-Eleven to your guests and community
- Ensure product mix and inventory levels are properly maintained
to increase sales and control inventory
- Maintain safety and security of the store, properly documenting
any incidents that occur
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws
within the scope of the convenience/food store
operationQualifications:Are You Ready?
The Store Leader role requires the following:
- High School diploma/GED with minimum 2 years applicable
experience; 2 years college; military experience
- Prior successful food service, retail, grocery management
- Demonstrated effective training, coaching and conflict
- Highly motivated with a desire to work in a fast-paced
- Results oriented team player/leader
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including days, nights,
weekends, holidays and on-call
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent guest services skillsPhysical Requirements:The Store
Leader role requires constant standing, bending and reaching.
Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up
to 40-50 pounds is required.
What's In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages
and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more...7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Inc., Royal Oak , Store Leader (Manager) #1154 (Royal Oak, MI), Executive , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!