Club General Manager
Company: Planet Fitness Michigan Group
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are looking for General Managers who want to
be part of the Planet Fitness team! As a General Manager, you will
be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service
to Planet Fitness members, prospective members, and guests,
ensuring an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience, and
leading a team of associates to achieve operational excellence!
Why you should join Planet Fitness:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing
- An excellent Training program.
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- FREE Black Card Membership (inspiring you and your closest
friend to be your best!)
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start
date and increases along with your tenure!
- A sparkling clean work environment (where we all pitch in to
keep the club pristine!)
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us
create a healthier Planet
- Work hard play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic
team membersSome of your responsibilities will include:
- The General Manager is responsible for the entire operation and
management of the Club, ensuring positive member experience,
teamwork and operational excellence. Properly, timely, accurately
and systematically executes daily, month end and year end
statistical reporting, including inventory reports, ordering
reports, payroll reports, EFT reports, etc. per Company
- Controls the club's budget, ensuring that the club's profit and
loss statement meets or exceeds projected guidelines and
percentages. Ensures excellence in Company Customer Service/Member
Service at all times by consistently creating a welcoming
environment for the customers/members by greeting and assisting, as
well as quickly responding to member inquires and needs, including
Info. calls, club tours, etc.
- The General Manager demonstrates and trains staff for desired
behaviors, including driving sales, handling difficult and/or
complicated sales and customer situations, including ensuring that
all member transactions are processed properly, promptly and
accurately, especially enrollments and cancellations.
- Properly maintains a clean, organized and orderly club,
ensuring favorable public image, through training, delegation,
ordering and inventorying supplies, etc. Identifies operational and
financial deficiencies in the club, develops a plan, implements the
plan and follows up on any and all operational and financial
deficiencies in the club, ensuring optimal financial growth and
- The General Manager ensures proper staffing and coverage in the
club based on business needs.
- Conducts all evaluations and performance reviews for all staff
in the club.
- Ensures the safety and protection of the employees and members
in the club and the entire club property.
- Properly follows all Planet Fitness policies and guidelines as
they pertain to employee pay. Ensures that all Time Administration
standards and policies are being properly followed and administered
to ensure accuracy in the Time Administration system to ensure that
all employees are properly paid. Qualifications and Physical
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a customer service
- Prior fitness management, retail management, or an Associate's
degree in Exercise Science, Business, Kinesiology, or similar
degree, or a combination of experience and education
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during your shift.
- Continual talking to members and potential members in person
and on the phone during your shift.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds.Joining the Planet Fitness
family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the
health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a
supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that
values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel
they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and
development. It means making true, lasting connections with you
co-workers. It means creating a positive impact in our local
communities through our Judgement Free Generation philanthropic
initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness Michigan Group, Royal Oak , Club General Manager, Executive , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!