Company: Beaumont Health System
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: April 6, 2021
HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE IS STRONGLY PREFERRED FOR THIS POSITION!
GENERAL SUMMARY: Participates in the development and maintenance of
all programs, policies/procedures, and goals/objectives
encompassing pharmaceutical activities for Beaumont Health.
Promotes team efforts to manage and achieve departmental/corporate
objectives. Ensures that all staff meet/exceed minimum competency
standards and encourage/support staff to continue professional
development. Demonstrates good judgment and decisiveness throughout
daily activities. Maintains knowledge of current Pharmaceutical
practice and demonstrates a personal commitment to professional
growth. Supports administration by providing supervision, guidance
and support for all assigned areas. Participates in the planning,
organization and implementation of new programs and activities.
Participates in strategies to increase market share, reduce cost
and improve customer satisfaction. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following
description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to
reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is
not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities
assigned from time to time. See addendums.
- Oversight, direction, and monitoring of departmental pharmacy
programs (clinical, operational, financial, and/or supply
- Maintains regulatory compliance related to medication
management and pharmacy practice
- Reviews, creates, and/or enforces policies related to
medication management and pharmacy practice
- Coordinates or participates quality initiatives related to
medication management and department process improvement
- Oversees medication cost containment programs and budgetary
impact of medication use
- Oversight and direction for emergency preparedness activities
related to medications
- Participates in the hiring of departmental employees and the
- Completes and participates in the employee performance reviews,
corrective action, and employee opinion surveys
- Supports medication safety efforts of organization by
identifying, tracking and resolving medication errors. Helps
develop and implements improved procedures to minimize and/or
prevent medications errors.
- Assigns projects to others with initial guidance and reviews
- Other duties as assigned STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties. Education / Training:
- Pharm.D. or Bachelor degree in pharmacy (residency training
preferred) Work Experience :
- Minimum 5 years pharmacy experience (or equivalent) OR
Administrative Pharmacy Residency required
- Residency training and/or advanced degree (MBA, MS, MPH)
- Management experience and/or leadership training preferred
Certification, Licensure, Registration :
- Unrestricted Pharmacist and Controlled Substance License in
good standing with the State of Michigan (or eligible to obtain
such licensure) Other Qualifications :
- Pharmacist skills related to systems to provide pharmacy
services and clinical skills related to providing drug therapy on
an individual patient basis.
- Management skills in the areas of personnel planning and
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Personal time management skills.
- Working knowledge of departmental computers systems
- Basic computer skills
- Individual must have demonstrated skills of leadership and
- Knowledge of Federal and State pharmacy and healthcare
regulations WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical Effort :
- Strength-position requires incumbent to frequently perform
physical activities requiring ability to push/pull or lift objects
of up to 20 pounds; seldom perform physical activities requiring
ability to push/pull or lift objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Manual Dexterity-position requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing or walking and
manipulative skills such as writing; occasionally perform simple
and moderately difficult manipulative skills such as typing and;
seldom perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV
- Coordination-position requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking and stooping; frequently
perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as keyboard
skills; seldom perform tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such
as calibration of equipment and IV admixture.
- Mobility-position requires incumbent to constantly perform
mobility skills such as walking, standing, and sitting, with
seldom-prolonged standing or sitting in an uncomfortable
- Visual Discrimination-position requires incumbent to frequently
see objects closely as in reading or discriminate colors between
different product packages.
- Hearing-position requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise. Mental
- Concentration-position requires incumbent to be able to
concentrate on minimal or moderate details with frequent amounts of
interruptions; occasional concentration on fine detail with little
to constant interruption.
- Attention Span-position requires incumbent to frequently attend
to task/functions for periods of up to 45 minutes in length and to
occasionally attend to task/functions for periods exceeding 45
minutes in length such as complicated reports.
- Conceptualization-position requires incumbent to constantly be
able to understand and relate to specific ideas, concepts, and
theories multiply generated and simultaneously discussed.
- Memory-position requires incumbent to constantly remember
task/assignment given to self and other over both short and long
periods of time. Work Environment : Position requires incumbent to
be exposed to a variety of substances within the department such as
constant exposure to dust and electromagnetic radiation as in
VDT’s; occasional exposure to hazardous waste materials, toxins,
chemicals as in chemotherapy product preparation, loud or
unpleasant noises, or high humidity or wetness; seldom potential
exposure to bodily injuries, such as needle sticks.
Keywords: Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak , Manager, Pharmacy, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!