Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: May 14, 2022
$10,000 Sign-on BonusBeaumont is now offering a $10,000 sign-on
bonus to regular full-time Registered Nurse new hires! - Apply
today to speak with a Recruiter to learn more.Full-time,
midnightUNIT SUMMARY:6N MPCU is a generalized medical progressive
care unit with broad variety of disease processes ranging of the
general medical population specializing in cardiac, respiratory,
renal (CAPD) GI, sepsis, and other generalized disease processes
that requires more frequent and closer observation by the nursing
staff. All patients are monitored for cardiac arrhythmias'
continuous SpO2 saturations, BP, and respiratory. Nearly 25% of our
patients require high-flow, Bipap, CPAP to help support their
respiratory status. We are able to administer and monitor a
multitude of vasopressors and other continuous drips requiring
closer monitoring of VS. Staff able trained to administer and
monitor vasoactive drips, insulin drips, and pressors. In addition,
the nurses have received additional training do perform CPAD. All
nurses must take and pass a critical care examination with a
passing score of 84%. Staff must obtain their ACLS within 6 months
of hire. GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope
of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to
provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family
centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality
patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to
Beaumont policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- -Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times. STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of licensure date and complete within the next four
(4) years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
- Work Experience: As required by job posting.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan. Specialty Certification highly recommended
after 2 years in specialty.
- Other Qualifications:
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by
- Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , Clinical Nurse, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!