RN Med Surg Cardiac
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: May 14, 2022
$10,000 Sign-on BonusBeaumont is now offering a $10,000 sign-on
bonus to regular full-time Registered Nurse new hires! - Apply
today to speak with a Recruiter to learn more.General Summary:The
clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the
framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing
care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of
the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
-Unit Summary:5 North East is a 35 bed medical-surgical care unit
with 6 progressive beds. We provide compassionate and high-quality
patient and family centered care for a wide variety of surgical and
medical patients. 5 Northeast regularly cares for patients
undergoing cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, peripheral vascular
surgery, general surgery, and trauma work up as well as patients
with Congestive Heart Failure. Our mission is to always provide our
patients and their families with an exceptional experience during
their stay with us on the unit. Our 5 Northeast team is committed
to ensuring a safe and holistic environment with excellence in both
care and service to all our patients and their families.Essential
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.Standard Qualifications:
- Education/Licensure: -Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. - This is effective September 1, 2017. - Specialty
Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty. RN
with active license in State of Michigan, AHA BLS for Healthcare
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , RN Med Surg Cardiac, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!