RN Pre Op PACU
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 14, 2022
RN Pre Op PACU Pre-OP RN 5 days 5:30am - 2:00pm
UNIT DESCRIPTION: PACU POHA unit Royal Oak. Weekend and holiday
rotation based on departmental needs.
Pre-op and Recovery units provide 24/7 support for surgical and
non-operating room anesthesia patients.
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Beaumont is now offering a $10,000 sign on bonus to regular full
time, new hire RNs. Apply today to speak to a recruiter.
The Registered Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, utilizes the
framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing
care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Registered Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction
of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
* Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
* Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
* Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Relocation assistance
* Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft
protection and even home and auto insurance
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
* Work Experience: Previous RN experience, Minium 2 years RN
experience. May consider ICU or equivalent experience. Highly
prefer PACU experience.
* Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in
State of Michigan
* Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association BLS for
Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as
required by department.
* Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer
* Emergency Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer, TNCC and
ENPC within 12 and 15 months of hire/transfer respectively.
* NICU NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer
* Pediatrics: PALS within 12 months of hire/transfer
* Family Birth Center: NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer
* Family Birth Center: EFM within 1 year of hire/transfer
* Mother Baby Care: NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer
* Pre-Op and PACU requires ACLS and PALS within 6 months of
* Endoscopy: ACLS required
* Radiology: ACLS within 6 months of hire
* Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
* Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
* Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
* Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
* Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
* Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
* Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
* Delegates appropriate tasks.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
* Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise
manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents
education and learning appropriately in health record.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers
and educating patients and families.
* Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
* Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
* Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
* Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
* Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
* Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb.
objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift
objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up
to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
* Manual Dexterity
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform
moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body
coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which
require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat,
collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as
when caring for a patient in bed.
* Visual Discrimination
Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as
in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal
sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom.
Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
* Work Environment:
* Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations
as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than
blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxons, chemical
hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant
noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances.
Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. Seldom
exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and
* Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast
Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have
a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has
more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , RN Pre Op PACU, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!