Physical Therapist Sr
Company: Royal Oak Hospital
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Candidates with Board certification in Neurology are preferred
but certification is not a requirement for this position.GENERAL
SUMMARY:In collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, provides
therapeutic services including evaluation, treatment, and
education. The Senior PT works closely with the Supervisor and
Clerical Coordinator of the area to achieve the highest level of
performance for the staff and compliance with Joint Commission and
other regulatory agency requirements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:1. Evaluation
and treatment of patients.2. Assists the Supervisor to monitor
staff competence, clinical performance, organize clinic
in-services, and support staff education.3. Assists the Supervisor
with hiring, orienting, delegating and organizing the work of
co-workers and staff. Performs Performance Appraisals.4. Monitors
treatment cost and financial support as they relate to quality and
efficiency.5. Monitors productivity on a continuous basis.6.
Assists with PI projects.7. Directly monitors and supports the
clinic's technical aide coverage and activities.8. Demonstrate
knowledge of growth/development/dynamics behavior of various age
group population and is able to perform assessments/treatments
appropriatelyThis document represents the major duties,
responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended
to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be
understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform
job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.STANDARD
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential duties.A. Education / Training:
- Graduate from an approved APTA school.
- Master degree preferred.B. Work Experience:
- At least 2 years of clinical experience with a varied patient
population.C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- License in the state of Michigan is required.D. Other
- Requires high degree of organizational skills.
- Expected to meet deadlines and budgetary expectation.
- General health and stress coping ability.
- Highly efficient demonstrated by meeting and exceeding the
productivity expectation of the clinic.
- Exhibits good clinical skills.
- Behavioral attributes include attention to detail ability to
communicate effectively; demonstrates customer focus.
- Exhibit decision-making /problem solving skills flexibility
ability to plan/prioritize and set goals.
- Manage relationship among employees and demonstrates leadership
in team building.
- Delegates effectively and monitors performance of others.
WORKING CONDITIONS:A. Physical Effort:
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 100 lb.
objects such as when setting up the BIODEX/KINCOM or other
equipment or positioning patient; ability to support/assist with a
person's body weight when assisting the therapist with transfers or
- Position requires ability to lift objects more than 100 lbs.
with others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. and frequently
lift up to 40 lbs.
- Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing.
- Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately
difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients and/or
difficult manipulative skills such as equipment set up, use and/or
- Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body
coordination such as walking, stooping, and/or assisting with
patient transfers. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye
coordination such as assisting patients to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking blood pressures and/or
equipment calibration or set up.
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods and/or remain in an
uncomfortable position for long periods, frequently bend such as
when setting up patients and/or equipment.
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects closely
as in reading equipment settings/controls and/or occasionally
discriminate colors as in equipment warning lights.
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear
normal sound with some background noise as in answering the
telephone, respond to an intercom and/or communicating in areas
where multiple treatment sessions are being conducted and be able
to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.B. Work Environment:
- Occasionally exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood,
body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxions, chemical
hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant
noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances.
- Seldom exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. We are an
Equal Opportunity EmployerBeaumont Health grants equal employment
opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic
information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status,
or any other legally protected category.#BHSHclinical
Keywords: Royal Oak Hospital, Royal Oak , Physical Therapist Sr, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!