Specialty RN Pediatric Nephrology
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!Beaumont is now offering a
$10,000 sign on bonus for this full-time, days position.GENERAL
SUMMARY: The Specialty Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice
utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide
professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered
care principles. The Specialty Nurse provides quality patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont
policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Provides specialized nursing care to patients with illnesses,
combined medical problems or attitudes that require adaptation of
established nursing procedures
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
- Acts as liaison between the patient and family, physicians and
other member of the interdisciplinary team
- Able to coordinate and provide care for patients based on
detailed treatment protocols initiated by physicians without need
of direct physician supervision.
- Maintains and demonstrates proper knowledge and skills related
to High Level Disinfection (HLD) or sterilization andthe
preprocessing of instruments used in the outpatient setting.
- Duties as assigned based on specific specialty and/or service
line.STANDARD QUALIFICATIONSEducation / Training: Equivalent to a
Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from an NLN-approved school
of nursingWork Experience: Two to Three years of nursing experience
in the specialty field requiredCertification, Licensure,
Registration: RN with active license in State of Michigan,
Certification in appropriate specialty, BLSOther Qualifications:
Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by department.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , Specialty RN Pediatric Nephrology, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!