Company: Royal Oak Hospital
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 15, 2022
*This is an Inpatient Rehab position which involves patient care
*Every Saturday or Sunday and 1-2 holidays per year
The Rehabilitation Technician anticipates and prepares for patient
and therapist needs. The Rehabilitation Technician performs
designated routine tasks related to the operation of the
Rehabilitation Services Department and assists with patient related
activities that are predetermined for each patient and assigned by
a Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational
Therapist, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant or Recreational
Therapist. The Rehabilitation Technician may function only with the
direct supervision of a PT, PTA, OTR, COTA or RT. The
Rehabilitation Technician provides patient transport to/from
departments in acute care and/or inpatient rehab. Accurately inputs
new patient and existing patient referrals and corrections to
department database for scheduling purposes. Review patient lists,
schedule and other written/electronic tools. Collects, tallies,
files, inputs and corrects daily charges as needed. May perform
accurate input of the transportation schedule into the "Patient
Tracking" system to ensure staff is able to treat patients in a
timely manner throughout the day by providing updates on the
location and disposition of their patients. The Rehabilitation
Technician appropriately interacts with all patients regardless of
age or culture by adhering to the Beaumont Customer Service
1. Assists with therapy treatments as directed, including
modalities which are predetermined for each patient by the
therapist plan of care.
2. Assists patients in the safe practice of activities related to
transfers, ambulation, exercises, ADL (activities of daily living),
self- care, leisure activities and/or restorative programs.
Retrieves needed equipment and supplies.
3. Transports patients to/from departments in acute care and/or
inpatient rehab utilizing safe patient handling techniques.
4. Performs environmental maintenance including cleaning of
equipment according to infection control policy. Communicates and
expediently notifies supervising therapist of any damaged
equipment, removes equipment, tags it and calls in work order.
5. Provides verbal and/or written communication of the patient's
response to treatment which may include vitals, according to
department policy. Communicates and expediently notifies
supervising therapist of any patient delays, patient problems or
6. Performs designated treatments appropriately, demonstrating
knowledge of growth/development dynamics of behavior for various
7. Performs designated tasks related to the operation of the
department and participates in performance improvement and supports
8. Assists with maintenance of inventory and stocking of
storage/supply rooms, assists with filing, scheduling and other
duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
B. Work Experience:
- Minimum six months' experience with direct/clinical patient care
and/or assistance is required.
- Prior work in a Therapy setting is preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current CPR certification required.
- This may be obtained through sessions offered within
- Must fulfill all training procedures prior to working directly
- Must pass competency test as determined by department for each
modality prior to administering modalities on patients.
D. Other Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (MS Word).
- Excellent customer relations, critical thinking, and
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Able to maintain professional attitude in front of patients when
working in a busy environment.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Comfort with navigating/learning Microsoft Word software and
willingness to learn Beaumont specific computer applications as
- Ability to interact effectively with patients and their families
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Royal Oak Hospital, Royal Oak , Rehabilitation Tech, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!