RN PRN NICU
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 17, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of
practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide
professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered
care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont
policies and procedures.
UNIT DESCRIPTION: The NICU is a 61 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
which includes intermediate level beds as well. This unit provides
care for severely ill newborn infants, ranging from extremely
premature to post term babies. Babies typically have respiratory
distress, cardiac defects, neurological problems and unstable
* Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
* Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
* Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
* Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
* Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
* Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
* Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
* Delegates appropriate tasks.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
* Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise
manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents
education and learning appropriately in health record.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers
and educating patients and families.
* Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
* Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
* Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
* Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
* Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum BSN
prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience
is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete
BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations.
RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of
hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is
effective September 1, 2017. Prefer BSN.
Work Experience: Must have at least 2 years of NICU recent RN
Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in
State of Michigan. Specialty Certification highly recommended after
2 years in specialty.
Other Qualifications: Current BLS certification and other
certifications as required by department. NRP within 6 months of
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , RN PRN NICU, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!