RN Float - Progressive Care
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Registered Nurse - Full Time Float Pool - Progressive Care
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Beaumont is now offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for this
full-time, 12-hour midnight position in the Float Pool.
The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the
framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing
care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of
the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
* Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
* Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
* Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Relocation assistance
* Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft
protection and even home and auto insurance
* Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
* Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
* Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
* Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
* Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
* Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
* Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
* Delegates appropriate tasks.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
* Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise
manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents
education and learning appropriately in health record.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers
and educating patients and families.
* Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
* Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
* Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
* Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
* Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
* Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
* Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) model:
* Treats individuals with dignity and respect
* Shares complete and unbiased information with patients and their
* Encourages and supports patient and family participation in their
* Partners and collaborates with patients, families, and team
members to ensure an excellent and positive patient experience
* Supports and contributes towards the BH culture:
* Brings best self to work each day
* Is highly engaged
* Reflects a team oriented approach
* Strives for excellence
* Treats patients, families, and co-workers with compassionate,
extraordinary care every day
* Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture
* Encourage employees to report safety and quality concerns and
encourage their participation in redesigning systems and processes
to minimize the risks of errors from happening.
* Just Culture is about creating an environment where employees are
encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and
quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in
pursuit of our mission.
* Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
* Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
* Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
* Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
* Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
* Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
* Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum BSN
prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience
is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete
BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations.
RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of
hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is
effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
Work Experience: As required by job posting
Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in
State of Michigan
Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association or
American Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and
other certifications as required by department.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , RN Float - Progressive Care, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!