Company: Beaumont Health Center
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 25, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARY:The physical therapist is responsible for
examining, evaluating and developing a treatment plan for patients
with functional limitations and disabilities. PT's provide
consultation to healthcare providers regarding a patient's
continuum of care. The individual in this position is required to
appropriately interact with all patients regardless of age or
culture and to adhere to the Beaumont customer service
standards.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:1. Direct patient care: Provides a
Physical Therapy evaluation, incorporating patient treatment:
evaluates, interprets findings; develops treatment and discharge
plans; implements treatment, re-evaluates, educates patients and
significant others; meets productivity
- Documents: evaluation results, treatment and discharge plans
and daily treatment according to all applicable laws, rules,
regulations, and professional standards of documentation; submits
charges for services provided.2. Maintains verbal, written and
electronic communication and collaborates with interdisciplinary
treatment team, referral sources, physicians, and 3rd party
payors.3. Participates in leadership functions: community outreach,
CQI, marketing, cost containment, program development,
PTA/AT/aide/student supervision; teaches staff, physicians and
others.4. Professional development: Attends staff meetings;
maintains and improves competence through self-study, attending
in-services and continuing education programs. Clinical education
to students.5. Evaluate, consult and implement an appropriate
treatment plan for each patient. Accurately documents treatments
and charges for self and assigned support staff.6. Serve as a
resource of information and treatment skill for less knowledgeable
staff, provide student supervision.7. Manage staff and department
resources wisely. Supervise assigned support staff.8. Collaborate
with intra and interdisciplinary team members regarding patient
care. Collaborates with patient, family, significant other in
treatment and in discharge planning.9. Provide documentation to the
physicians regarding the patient initially, at discharge, and at
appropriate intervals. Discusses changes to the prescribed program
with the physician before initiation.10. PT maintains good standing
with the licensure/regulatory board and all applicable
laws/rules/regulations.This document represents the major duties,
responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended
to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be
understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform
job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.STANDARD
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential duties.A. Education / Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy required. Masters or
Doctorate Degree preferred.B. Work Experience:
- Written or verbal communication skills required. Word
processing and computer skills required. It is preferred that
pediatric therapists have NDT certification and competency in
serial casting.C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Michigan State License in Physical Therapy required. Preferred
BLS certification.D. Other Qualifications:
- Competent clinical and evaluation skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards;
excellent verbal and written communication; ability to work
independently in a fast paced environment; knowledge of clinical
pathology, evaluation and treatment techniques for assigned
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer proficiency for EMR
- Rehab: NDT or NCS Board certification preferred.
- Neurotrauma Rehab: This program specializes in the treatment of
traumatic brain and spinal cord injured patients. Requires
collaborating with a multidisciplinary team, good communication
skills is essential.
- Peds Rehab: SI and/or NDT or PCS Board certification or
experience preferred. Ability to interact effectively with
pediatric patients and their families is essential.WORKING
CONDITIONS:A. Physical Effort:
- Standing/moving while performing duties.
- Assisting patients with standing, walking, therapeutic
- Balancing, transferring patients.
- Reaching to access equipment or assist patients.
- Fine motor skills (to perform therapeutic procedures, operate
- Motor skills to lift.
- Lifting/Positioning patients for procedures.
- Pushing/Pulling patients in wheelchairs, carts, equipment.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling while standing.
- Manual dexterity.
- Visual Demands: Near vision to operate equipment as well as
decipher notes, orders; depth perception, fine discriminate detail
to read monitors/graphs, labels, reports.
- Acuity/Auditory Demands: distinguish sounds to respond to
patients, staff, equipment, instrumentation, hear speech.
- Sensory demands: distinguish hot and cold, manual dexterity.
- Verbal Demands: make sounds to verbally communicate with
patients or staff what is required, form words, speak loudly, speak
softly.We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerBeaumont Health grants
equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age,
religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected
Keywords: Beaumont Health Center, Royal Oak , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!