Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: August 5, 2022
SPECIALTY - RN ENDOSCOPY - -BEAUMONT ROYAL OAK - -UNIT
DESCRIPTION: - Endoscopy supports patient care pre-procedure,
intra-procedure and recovery. No On call requirements in this
position.Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!Beaumont is now offering a
$10,000 sign on bonus for full-time, regular, new hire RNs. Apply
today to speak to a recruiter. -GENERAL SUMMARY:The Registered
Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, utilizes the framework of
the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by
incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Registered Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction
of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
-BENEFITS:Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet
your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay-program - powered by PayactivSTANDARD
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: - Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. - This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty
Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Work Experience: - -Previous Endo RN -experience preferred.
Minimum 2 years RN experience. - -Ability to work effectively in a
fast-paced environment with strong multi-tasking and technical
skills to -assist -physicians with procedures. This position is
responsible for -assisting with advanced procedures, orientation,
-resource for all endoscopy staff, competencies, and liaison with
physicians for procedural equipment needed. Certification as CGRN
required within first year required
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: - - Current American Heart Association
BLS for Healthcare Providers certification, - -ACLS within 6 months
of hire and other certifications as required by
department.ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - - -
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort:
- StrengthPosition requires ability to frequently push/pull up to
30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability
to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift
objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual DexterityPosition requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- CoordinationPosition requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- MobilityPositions requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination Positions requires incumbent to
constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects
such as reading thermometers.
- HearingPositions requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxons, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.ABOUT BEAUMONTBeaumont offers
you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. - With
eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have a wide variety
of practice settings to choose from. - Beaumont has more nationally
ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.We are an
Equal Opportunity EmployerBeaumont Health grants equal employment
opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic
information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status,
or any other legally protected category. -
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , Specialty RN, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!