RN Medical ICU Step-down
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: August 5, 2022
RN Medical ICU Step-downNow offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for
this Full-time, 12-hour (7pm-7:30am) Midnight shift position at
Beaumont Royal Oak.Improve health, instill humanity, and inspire
hope. That's just the beginning of the difference you can make when
you join our team of Registered Nurses on the Intermediate Medical
Care Unit at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak. -IMC is a high-energy
unit that promotes a positive culture and work environment with
flexible scheduling; we strive to maintain a competitive nurse to
patient ratio. Nurses on this unit are teamwork oriented and have
excellent support staff which include nursing assistants, telemetry
technicians and unit secretaries. We care for a diverse patient
population including, but not limited to, respiratory, cardiac, and
neuro illnesses. It is common to have patients on cardiac drips,
cardiac catheterization patients and COPD/pneumonia/CHF patients.
IMC staff meet once a month for unit council to address staff
concerns and serve as a voice for the unit. Unit council also plans
activities which include unit outings, in house activities and
volunteer opportunities. GENERAL SUMMARY:As a Registered Nurse,
under the ANA scope of practice, you will utilize the framework of
the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by
incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Registered Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction
of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
-BENEFITSBeaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet
your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campusesSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: - Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. - This is effective September 1, 2017. -Specialty
Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Work Experience: - - As required by job posting -
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: -
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer.ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - -
- Apply the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation, and discharge needs of
- Apply the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognize the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partner with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provide quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Aid individuals in a manner that considers their special needs,
age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognize the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Document in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers,
and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Complete a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participate in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family, and partners in care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort:
- StrengthPosition requires ability to frequently push/pull up to
30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability
to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift
objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift to 40 lbs.
- Manual DexterityPosition requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- CoordinationPosition requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- MobilityPosition requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination Position requires incumbent to constantly
see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as
- HearingPosition requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.Beaumont, Royal Oak opened on
January 24, 1955, as a 238-bed community hospital. Today, the
hospital serves as the largest hospital in the Beaumont network.
This is a 1,131-bed major academic and referral center with Level I
adult trauma and Level II pediatric trauma designations. Beaumont,
Royal Oak has 44 residency and fellowship programs with 481
residents and fellows. Beaumont is the exclusive clinical partner
of the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine with
more than 1,400 Beaumont doctors on faculty. The advanced
capabilities and clinical expertise within this center have earned
us Magnet - designation four consecutive times, the distinction of
being Michigan's first Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence, and
recognition as the #2 hospital in Michigan and one of the top
hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.We are an
Equal Opportunity EmployerBeaumont Health grants equal employment
opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic
information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status,
or any other legally protected category. This is where
extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your
career. - Apply Now!#BHSHnursing
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , RN Medical ICU Step-down, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!