RN Charge Lead - PCU
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: March 15, 2023
RN Charge Lead PCU
Improve health, instill humanity, and inspire hope. That's just the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team of Registered Nurses on the Progressive Care Unit at Beaumont Hospital, Trenton.
PCU is a 30-bed unit divided into two wings. All beds are private and have telemetry capability. The unit admits patients age 15 through end of life. PCU is the stroke designated unit for new stroke and post t PA patients. The unit also has a neurology and pulmonary focus. ACLS certification is required within 6 months of employment. ACLS certified nurse's care for overflow medical/surgical/traumatic conditions with low to mild probability for complications/instability and who require non-invasive assessment/interventions every two to eight hours, as well as hospice and end of life care.
The Charge Lead Nurse role is to provide direct oversight and supervision of all on line unit processes. This is inclusive of but not limited to staffing and scheduling changes affecting current shift, patient care issues and concerns. Appropriate allocation of resources responding to all codes, and handling employee issues and concerns. In addition to ensuring consistent flow of patients through the department. Functions within the framework of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates growth/development.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. For new hires or recent promotions with ADN or Diploma, must complete BSN within 5 years of hire.
B. Work Experience:
Two years of recent nursing experience.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
Valid State of Michigan license as a Registered Nurse required.
1. The CLN provides for and utilizes staff appropriately, ensuring to match assignments with patient care needs and competencies; is accountable for cost effective decision-making regarding utilization of resources, (i.e., human resources, patient care environment, supplies, etc.) and day-to-day clinical decision making.
2. Participates in the development of patient care standards
3. Facilitates staff orientation and continuing education; participates in the development.
4. Implements and evaluates quality improvement plans and maintains a clinical environment that demonstrates service excellence.
5. The CLN functions as a professional role model and resource person, supporting the mission of Beaumont Health.
6. The CLN assesses the competency of staff and the level of clinical expertise needed to provide excellence in patient care. The CLN makes decisions that reflect consideration of patient census, acuity, staff mix, staff's level of clinical competence, and unit standards, taking patient assignments as deemed necessary.
A. Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and pulses.
Position requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as when caring for a patient in bed.
Position requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
Silver plus for stroke!
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
RN Charge Lead PCU
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , RN Charge Lead - PCU, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
here to apply!