Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Full-time shift offering a $10,000 sign on bonus!
Days Shift. RN. Float. Beaumont Wayne
Two years of recent RN experience required. Preferably in the
critical care setting.
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That's just the
beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team of
Registered Nurses at Beaumont Hospital.
Beaumont Hospital, Wayne
Serving the region since 1957, this 99-bed, full-service acute care
center is the only one in the Wayne, Westland, Garden City, Canton,
Inkster and Romulus area verified by the American College of
Surgeons as a Level III trauma center and certified by The Joint
Commission. The hospital has a long-standing partnership with
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport and the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention to handle a variety of health and
communicable disease concerns. This community-focused hospital has
been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a high-preforming
facility in congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary
disease, kidney failure and maternal services.
As a Registered Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, you will
utilize the framework of the nursing process to provide
professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered
care principles. The Registered Nurse provides quality patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont
policies and procedures.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campuses STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
- Work Experience: As required by job posting
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications:
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by department.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Apply the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation, and discharge needs of
- Apply the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognize the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partner with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provide quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Aid individuals in a manner that considers their special needs,
age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognize the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Document in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers,
and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Complete a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participate in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family, and partners in care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served. This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort :
- Strength Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up
to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires
ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly
lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity Position requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- Coordination Position requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- Mobility Position requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination Position requires incumbent to constantly
see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as
- Hearing Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment :
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications. Beaumont Health grants equal
employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion,
genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you
and your career. Apply Now!
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , RN Float, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...