RN Charge Lead ICU
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Full-time Midnight shift offering a $10,000 sign on bonus!
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That's just the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team of SICU Nurses at Beaumont Health, Trenton.
Discover what comes next for your nursing career when you join a collaborative team whose clarity, compassion, curiosity and courage are advancing medicine and setting new standards for exceptional care.
UNIT SUMMARY :
We are a 14 bed Medical ICU, we manage our own Balloon Pumps and Impellas, the RNs are trained to do CRRT, hypothermia protocol and we prone people in ARDS. We are the Covid unit for ICU care. The ratio is generally 2:1 however if we have unstable patients, we may make them a 1:1. If we have a lot of stepdown patients, we make them a 4:1 assignment and the Covid assignments are 3:1. Third floor is also the RRT team and the Code Blue responders. For this reason, the charge RN does not take an assignment. We have great quality outcomes and are committed to our quality. Our Intensivists are very involved in the unit and rely on nursing input during rounds. We have a very low turnover rate and high attendance at Unit Council meetings! When RN's leave our unit it is for advancement reasons (NP, CRNS, or life changes) 3 rd floor in general has a great reputation in the hospital, and we get nurses to transfer on 3 rd floor from inside our hospital. We also offer a variety of shift start times.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
The Charge Lead Nurse role is to provide direct oversight and supervision of all online unit processes. This is inclusive of but not limited to staffing and scheduling changes affecting current shift, patient care issues and concerns. Appropriate allocation of resources responding to all codes, and handling employee issues and concerns. In addition to ensuring consistent flow of patients through the department. Functions within the framework of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates growth/development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. For new hires or recent promotions with ADN or Diploma, must complete BSN within 5 years of hire.
B. Work Experience:
Two years of recent nursing experience.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
Valid State of Michigan license as a Registered Nurse required.
D. Other Qualifications:
1. The CLN provides for and utilizes staff appropriately, ensuring to match assignments with patient care needs and competencies; is accountable for cost-effective decision-making regarding utilization of resources, (i.e., human resources, patient care environment, supplies, etc.) and day-to-day clinical decision-making.
2. Participates in the development of patient care standards
3. Facilitates staff orientation and continuing education; participates in the development.
4. Implements and evaluates quality improvement plans and maintains a clinical environment that demonstrates service excellence.
5. The CLN functions as a professional role model and resource person, supporting the mission of Beaumont Health.
6. The CLN assesses the competency of staff and the level of clinical expertise needed to provide excellence in patient care. The CLN makes decisions that reflect consideration of patient census, acuity, staff mix, staff's level of clinical competence, and unit standards, taking patient assignments as deemed necessary.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
A. Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and pulses.
Position requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as when caring for a patient in bed.
Position requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxions, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont Hospital, Trenton
Beaumont, Trenton is a 193-bed, acute care teaching hospital that sponsors nine university-affiliated residency programs. This Magnet -designated facility provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for its patients and is one of four recipients of the Truven Health Advantage Award in the category of Health and Clinical Outcomes. Here, you'll find the only verified Level II trauma center in the region; nationally recognized heart, vascular and pulmonary specialties; a wide array of surgical services, including minimally invasive robotic procedures and orthopedic and neurosurgery services; and comprehensive women's health services ranging from gynecological to advanced breast care.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
Full-time Midnight shift offering a $10,000 sign on bonus!
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , RN Charge Lead ICU, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
here to apply!