Medical Technologist - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: May 22, 2023
As the largest not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan,
we offer a world of opportunity within our expansive system. We
have more nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system
in the state, including six that are Magnet --recognized. In total,
Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide
diverse practice settings located in communities throughout
southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan
This is a full time afternoon position in the Chemistry Lab at the
Royal Oak campus.
To assist in the overall supervision of the specified laboratory
department including daily operations, quality, process
improvement, instrument maintenance and procedures, and staff
training and competency. Assists with management of laboratory in
absence of Manager.
- Assists supervisor in the daily operations of the department
including personnel functions, timekeeping, orientation and
training. Acting as a Team Leader, assumes designated functions of
the supervisor in his/her absence according to CAP/CLIA
requirements to include assistance with employee evaluations,
interviews and employee relations, as needed.
- In compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies,
reviews, evaluates and coordinates quality assurance, quality
control, proficiency testing; maintains documentation
- Assists in quality variance investigations and the development
of process improvement initiatives. Participates in projects,
committees and other laboratory activities as assigned.
- Functions as a technical resource for instruments and
department procedures/policies. Oversees instrument
troubleshooting, maintenance and technical procedures. Coordinates
methodology and instrument evaluation and validation
- In conjunction with supervisor, develops, maintains and updates
procedure manuals, workflows, policy in compliance with various
regulatory and accrediting agencies; assists in the preparation of
- In conjunction with supervisor, creates and administers
employee orientation, education, training and competency assessment
on test methodology, section policy and instrumentation.
- Coordinates clinical education program for medical laboratory
science students as well as residents, fellows, and medical
students as requested. Responsible for developing curriculum
content, delivering bench and didactic instruction, writing
examinations, grading and performance evaluation as well as
applicant interviewing and selection of students.
- Performs routine/complex procedures of specific discipline
involving the use of laboratory instruments or manual
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited
college/university with 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in
biology including one semester in microbiology and 16 semester
hours (24 quarter hours) in chemistry including one semester in
organic or biochemistry, which may be obtained within, or in
addition to, the baccalaureate degree. Completion of a clinical
laboratory approved or accredited program by NAACLS or at least
three months documented laboratory training in each specialty in
which the individual performs high complexity testing.
- Work Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years direct technical experience is required
having worked within an accredited, licensed laboratory where at
least 2 years of which include specific experience in the
laboratory discipline being applied for.
- Completion of an accredited clinical internship or equivalent
experience/training as required by the Board of Registry.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Must be certified per policy; specialty certification in
appropriate discipline preferred ASCP Medical Laboratory Scientist
- MLS(ASCP)CM (Effective October 23, 2009) See Notes below.
- ASCP Medical Technologist - MT(ASCP) (Prior to October
- ASCP Technologist in (categorical) certification - BB(ASCP),
C(ASCP), H(ASCP), I(ASCP), M(ASCP), MB(ASCP), or CG(ASCP)
- ASCP International Medical Laboratory Scientist - MLS(ASCPi) CM
(Effective January 1, 2015. Note the superscript "i".)
- AMT Medical Technologist - MT(AMT) After 2010
- Physical Effort:
- Considerable walking or standing for long periods of time.
- Work Environment:
- Works in a clinical laboratory and works with hazardous
reagents and infectious materials.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , Medical Technologist - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus, Healthcare , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...