Customer Service Specialist
Company: Harvard Resource Solutions
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Our manufacturing client is seeking a Customer Service
Specialist on a temp to hire basis for their office in Clarkston.
In office.Job Requirements: DUTIES for Customer Service
- Predictable and dependable attendance is required.
- Serve as a customer advocate within the company to ensure total
- Adhere to the 2-hour call back policy for internal and external
customers for phone, email and/or fax inquires.
- Responsible for maintaining Quality Customer Service in
accordance with Company Core Values (Core Ideology = Purpose + Core
- Responsible for timely, accurate processing of sales orders for
assigned account managers and their customers while following
detailed work instructions.
- Work in accordance with all aspects of the Proactive Customer
- Proactively plan, organize, and execute any external reports to
ensure all orders are entered, shipped, and invoiced in the time
- Developed and maintained positive relationship with customer
accounts, CPS Sales, and internal customers.
- Analyzes Key Customer Inventory, Blue Folder and Sales Reports
to ensure accurate inventory levels, confirm on-time shipments and
evaluate potential areas of improvement.
- Proactively manage custom stock, blanket PO's and consignment
inventory programs with goal of reducing the risk of both
stock-outs and aged inventory.
- Manage freight consolidation efforts for sales orders and work
with sales to develop ways of reducing freight.
- Issue proper paperwork for Returns and Credit/Debit Memos in a
- Responsible for Bill of Lading requests and processing to hit
48-hour receipt goal.
- Provide backup to other Customer Service Team Members as needed
in their absence (included but not limited to; Service Specialist,
Receptionist, Operations Support, etc.).
- Complete miscellaneous projects assigned by the Staff
- Responsible for continuous improvement as it relates to the CS
training matrix and cross training.
- Responsible for continuous team improvement as it applies to
meeting the needs of our customers as determined through metric
- Actively participate in team Best Practice and Training
meetings as scheduled by the CS Managers.
- Document all customer complaints regarding products or services
and forward to the Customer Service Manager (QPA Team).
- Become familiar with all products; learn the product line and
specifics of each account.
- Actively participate in Lean meetings and Lean Blog
- Travel with Account Managers as deemed by your manager.
QUALIFICATIONS for Customer Service Specialist
- At least two (2) years of customer service experience is
required. Experience in an industry related logistics is
- Individual must always practice a high level of integrity in
their daily work routine and always maintain a professional and
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft - Office software: Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- The ability to read and interpret and apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral
or diagram form using documents such as procedure manuals, work
instructions, and software manuals. If you are a high performer and
would like to work for an equally high performing company and you
think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you
to apply to this job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We
treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always
contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s)
for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit
for this position. At Harvard Resource Solutions, our talent
acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most
qualified Administrative & Clerical talent in the industry
Keywords: Harvard Resource Solutions, Royal Oak , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!