System Architect - Software-based Features for Automotive
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: August 7, 2022
About TomeAt Tome, we believe the future of mobility tech
innovation is about connections in the real world. It's about the
social fabric, hardwires, and invisible over-the-air signals that
link the people, products, and tools we need to live, work, and
thrive. Founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Jake Sigal and
Massimo Baldini after they sold their previous company to Ford,
Tome employs the best minds and the right technology to solve
complex problems by creating software that brings people together
in an increasingly mobile landscape. Powered by a healthy blend of
engineering skills, trusted research, and raw creative energy, Tome
works fast to replace red tape with rocket fuel in the lab. The
team stands uniquely positioned to go beyond software development
by improving user experiences and marketing products for clients.
Learn more about Tome at http://www.tomesoftware.com.
- Communicate effectively to technical project teams and
- Analyze dependencies so complex work can be done in a timely
- Lead the selection, design, and implementation of high-quality
- Establish quality goals and ensure they are met
- Identify and promote idiomatic solutions
- Advise management about technical limitations and risks
- Contribute to feature planning and backlog refinement
- Ability to think on your feet and solve complex problems
- Four-year degree (BS/MS) in computer science, engineering, or a
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The position is based in our downtown Royal Oak, MI office.
Must also be available for on-site support in Troy, MI.
QualificationsMust have significant, specific experience in at
least one of the following areas:Modern vehicle architecture
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) design and/or
- Hardware abstraction
- Zone controller and domain controller integration
- Adaptive AUTOSARHigh-performance computing
- Embedded hypervisor architecture
- Real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Functional safetyVehicle networking
- CAN, MOST, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
- Deep understanding of (Open Systems Interconnection) OSI
- Experience designing and building production-quality automotive
In addition, must have:Experience with Design Failure Mode and
Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Software testing (unit, integration, acceptance, performance,
- CybersecurityAbility to transform ambiguous directions into
clarity and value
- Creation of detailed architecture diagrams and
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to define and refine
requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Iterative agile development processTechnical leadership
- Demonstrated ability to steer stakeholders toward viable
- Comfortable coaching less experienced colleagues to achieve
excellenceFearless about new technologies and techniques
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- You have implemented software on a variety of operating systems
or hardware platforms
- Software tools
- Atlassian Jira (ticket management) and Confluence (wiki)
- Linux-based environment
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills
- IBM Rhapsody for software architecture definition and
- Testing frameworks
---Benefits: -SIMPLE IRA with 3-percent company match, stock
options, vacations, 12-15 paid holidays, group health care 75%
covered by Tome.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Architect". Please
include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to
join our team.
Keywords: Tome, Royal Oak , System Architect - Software-based Features for Automotive, IT / Software / Systems , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!