Remote Senior Software Support Engineer
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Company Summary Join a team that puts its People First! Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit . Job Summary We are looking for full stack expert
.Net Software Support Engineer with strong development background
that are always learning, supporting our business applications, and
adapting to the ever-evolving technical landscape. Essential
- Ability to understand code and to write your own for automation
- Experience with handling and supporting live production
- Excellent application debugging and infrastructure
- Collaborate with development and operations team to ensure
availability and reliability of the application and
- Serve as an escalation point for other Systems Administrators,
Engineers, and other technology teams in the resolution of server
and system problems.
- Monitor application performance and make recommendations to
improve overall application proficiency.
- Investigate and resolve production issues with application and
- Deep dive and conduct root cause analysis of application
problems and provide resolution in a timely manner
- Contribute to process improvements with an automation
- Fine tune existing or develop new custom internal tools for
- Triage, prioritize, and resolve or escalate inbound support
cases in timely manner.
- Contribute to knowledge base to disseminate product knowledge
throughout the company.
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge
and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and
skills of the team
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills
- Requires Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 5+ years of hand-on experience in application and technical
support role in live production environment.
- Experience developing and supporting web-based, web services,
and database driven applications
- Experience in API management tools like Akana, Mashery,
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure performance using
standard performance monitoring tools (Perfmon, ProcDum, DebugDiag,
JMeter, JCconsole, etc.)
- Experience in working with AWS stack.
- Experience with automation using PowerShell, Python scripting
or similar technologies.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Extensive experience with Splunk or similar log monitoring
framework/Elastic /log stash /Kibana)
- Experience with AppDynamics and CloudWatch or similar APM
monitoring (New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Technologies C# .Net 4.5 or
above, SQL Server 2016First American invests in its employees'
development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior
customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where
they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and
inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on
eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and
other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Royal Oak , Remote Senior Software Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!