Surgical Reprocessing Tech, Ambulatory Surgery, Royal Oak, Full Time
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Under general supervision of the Coordinator/Manager / Director
cleans, inspects, assembles, packages disinfects / sterilizes all
surgical products used to support physicians and surgical team in
the inpatient, outpatient departments, Operating room, Emergency
Room, Delivery Room and satellites.
- Documents and monitors all sterilization processes in assigned
areas including but not limited to: steam, ETOH, Sterrad and high
- Ensures all monitoring methods are compliant with the
- Supplies the needs of various departments requiring the
services of the department by properly meeting and anticipating the
instrumentation needs for pending cases for assembly of procedure
specific case carts needs.
- Receives, unpacks, shelves supplies and stock while maintaining
appropriate par levels with rotation sterile supply management
principles. Works with the surgical specialty teams to ensure that
the supplies for each patient are available when needed.
- Pro active coordination of preparing the case cart according to
the surgeon's preference card for the supplies, equipment,
instruments and implants needed for each patient.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of medical terminology course is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients
and hospital personnel.
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
Completion of the 120-day orientation:
Successfully completes department and hospital orientation
- Competence maintained during evaluation year to include
department standards, objectives, in service and continuing
- Central Service Certification.
- BCLS preferred.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Royal Oak , Surgical Reprocessing Tech, Ambulatory Surgery, Royal Oak, Full Time, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!