Training and Engagement Coordinator
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront
of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to
find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying?
Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As our global footprint continues to grow, we are looking for a
Training and Engagement Coordinator to join our Functional Safety
Team in Detroit, MI!
The Training and Engagement Coordinator will be instrumental in
the coordination of activities which foster the core deliverables
of the kVA by UL functional safety team. These deliverables include
consulting activities and projects working specifically on client
needs, and training activities which reach a broader audience.
Acting as a key commercial interface to both existing and new
clients, the project coordinator will lead the management of
commercial activities and take on the leadership role in the
organization of training activities provided by the kVA team.
Enthusiasm for customer support, flexibility, and a desire to learn
in a fast paced and impactful field of automotive functional safety
are keys to success.
What you'll learn & achieve:
- Serves as the key customer and coordinating contact for kVA by
UL training activities. Key point of contact for training and
initial consulting requests.
- Analyzes project or program objectives to determine potential
staffing and support methodologies. Assist in the development of
estimates of cost, time, and resource needs.
- Collects data from a variety of sources, such as client
requests, market opportunities, and resource availability.
Evaluates and interprets data and draws conclusions as to how to
best use kVA's resources
- Prepares proposals for clients with the support of engineering
- Utilizes kVA standard processes, information systems, and
performance management systems to drive efficiency of
- Utilizes Salesforce PSA as the key tracking database for
customer contacts, opportunity development, and billing
- Ensures that all details of training events are managed
successfully, from the initial advertising, registration of
participants, trainer logistics, training venue coordination and
planning, provisions of training materials, and distribution of
certificates of completion.
- Key office liaison for kVA by UL and stakeholders, both
internal and external.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- University education in Business Administration or related
field, interests in marketing, sales, finance, and general business
administration processes. Associates degree required, Bachelors
- Fluency in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in Salesforce PSA, or other opportunity coordination
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects to achieve stated
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards: In the US, we provide lots of great benefits for
our employees are their families. From Volunteer Days off to 401k
match and retirement contribution benefits to flexible work
location & schedule options we look to support our employees no
matter what stage in life they are experiencing.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns
daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our
every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit
Keywords: UL, Royal Oak , Training and Engagement Coordinator, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!