Nurse Technician PRN
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under supervision of a Registered Nurse and following hospital
policies and procedures, performs various nursing care tasks and
treatments on assigned patients.
8 North East and West CPCU makes up a 68-bed unit cardiac
step-down unit that provides an intermediate level of care to
patients that typically have a cardiac related diagnosis such as
coronary artery disease (CAD), congestive heart failure (CHF),
myocardial infarction (MI) and heart arrhythmias such as atrial
fibrillation (A-fib) and ventricular tachycardia (V-Tach). We also
provide pre and post procedure care to patients that have undergone
cardiac procedures, such as catheterization/angioplasty, stents,
ablations, and placement of pacemakers, and defibrillators. Our
nurses receive specialized training in arterial sheath removal and
Tikosyn administration and are ACLS certified. All patients are
continuously monitored by telemetry.
- Performs routine bedside nursing activities including: bathing
and personal grooming of patients; ambulating, moving and turning
patients; assisting patients with bedpans or urinary devices;
making patient beds and caring for personal property.
- Assists in performing additional nursing procedures such as
catheterizations, suctioning, irrigating colostomies, applying
restraints, giving enemas, douches and sitz baths or pericare.
- Takes vital signs and records intake and output.
- Applies and changes sterile and non-sterile dressing using
- Performs more complex nursing procedures and treatments after
theoretical preparation and supervised clinical experience.
- Keeps professional nursing staff advised of current patient
status as well as changes in patient condition as they occur.
- Performs assessments and documents accurate, complete and
concise patient information on appropriate forms, including flow
sheets, activity records, etc.
- Participates in nursing staff conferences, in-services and
- Ensures the optimum utilization of personnel, supplies and
- Provides copy of current school transcript to supervisor at the
end of each marking period to confirm continued eligibility.
- Assists in admitting, transferring and discharging
- Assists in pre-operative and post-operative care.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Nurse Technician PRN, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!