Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sign-on Bonus available!!
$1,500 for full-time positions
$750 for part-time positions
The Nursing Assistant assists in patient care throughout nursing
areas and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via
wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate
documentation of services. Provides the services of an Observer for
any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require
constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. Performs
general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate
efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
- Provide patient care assignments as delegated by and under the
direction of a registered nurse.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe
his/her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to
facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and
Education / Training:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support required
- Current CNA certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Nursing Assistant, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!