Deli Food Service, Evenings
Company: Meijer, Inc.
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to
help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
As a Deli Clerk, you will be responsible for responsible for
keeping all food service cases stocked and clean during business
hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain
a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to
all procedural guidelines set by the department.
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to lift 25 lbs. or more.
- Available to work until 10 PM.
Click here for an overview of the position.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensures cleanliness of food service cases, storage area, and
work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products,
keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous
debris from floor and sweeping.
- Stocks food service cases; includes presentation of product,
facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by
the Food Service Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and
- Examines the rotation of all food service products paying
particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or
- Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists
customers with purchases, information and product selection;
requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment,
temperature, and quality.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales,
wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand
- Prepares various food service items; includes using the
appropriate ingredients and proper cooking times for product being
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately
weigh and label products.
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock
and assuring tags match products.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary,
and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective and
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one.
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when
- Comfortable using electronic bakery and deli equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while
Keywords: Meijer, Inc., Royal Oak , Deli Food Service, Evenings, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!