Mgr, Care Management
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under the direction of the Care Management Director, the
Manager, Care Management is responsible for coordination of all
activities in one or more of the key functions in the Care
Management Department including Inpatient Care Management, EC Care
management, Utilization Management (may also include Social Work).
Works collaboratively with multiple disciplines to expedite care
coordination functions in assigned areas. Responsibilities include
all staff in assigned areas. Reports to the Care Management
- Guides staff and works to create and maintain efficient and
effective processes to manage the operations of the designated
areas within the department.
- Participates in, oversees, and assumes responsibility for the
development of goals within assigned areas of responsibilities
which are congruent with and support Beaumont Health strategic
- Works collaboratively with Revenue Cycle and Managed Care
Contracting to communicate and understand payer requirements, to
optimize payment coordination, and to develop processes and systems
to promote timely reimbursement for services rendered to
- Interviews, hires, disciplines, evaluates, and manages all
direct reports. Conducts staff meetings and other forms of
communications with staff to maintain standards and consistency
within the department.
- Provides input into the department policies, procedures,
objectives, and budget related to area of responsibility that
promote organizational and departmental objectives.
- Problem solves and intervenes with physician, nursing staff,
and other ancillary staff to facilitate patient care and resolves
barriers to care management functions. Collaborates and coaches
staff regarding complex cases, extended length of stay, and payer
concerns to provide appropriate direction and follow up.
- Special projects/presentations as indicated.
- Representative/liaison for department/hospital within the
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Trust
- Creates and Communicates Clarity
- Works Collaboratively and Fosters Teamwork
- Builds a Cohesive Team
- Utilizes Strategic Judgment
- Cultivates a Service-Oriented Culture
- Creates and Communicates Vision and Strategy
- Leads Change and Innovation
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Mgr, Care Management, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!