Health Educator Registration
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Under the direction of the Patient Access Registration Director,
the Health Educator Registration is recognized as a subject matter
expert and mentors staff to exceed Beaumont Health and departmental
standards along with assigned performance metrics. As delegated
performs as management team representative in the Supervisor's
absence to resolve problems/issues/questions/concerns and initiate
downtime and disaster procedures as appropriate.
- Conducts New-hire registration training program with every new
employee performing registration tasks. Training includes
Epic/OneChart Corporate Registration processes including revenue
cycle and regulatory processes.
- Works with other Health Educators in Registration to keep
manuals, training guides and web site updated and current as
resources for staff.
- Updates training materials and processes as appropriate to
support compliance and insurance and other process changes.
- Audits quality registration processes and provides regular
feedback to staff, one-on -one to achieve a high volume of accurate
and "clean" billable claims. Assist staff in process flow coaching
so that productivity standards are met or exceeded.
- Analyzes problems / errors and suggests and creates educational
modules to address appropriately.
- Creates and conducts registration skills refresher classes as
- Manages training processes for changes and continuing
education. Trains Registration leaders and "super-users" to
roll-out to the staff in all areas, corporately.
- Coordinates activities with IT Education staff as appropriate
to maintain a corporate approach to system documentation and
registration process flows.
- Maintains or exceeds Beaumont's customer service standards.
Maintains or exceeds Beaumont's leadership standards. Utilizes age
specific competencies and addresses special customer and cultural
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or bachelor's degree in business, management
or other related fields preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, EPIC,
Electronic Eligibility System and various websites for third party
payers for verification is preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Requires 1 year previous registration, billing, insurance
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Other Qualifications:
- Must be able to accurately manage a great number of details in
a fast paced, dynamic environment while providing excellent service
to Beaumont's patients, visitors, clinical departments &
- Excellent, demonstrated, customer service & communication
- Demonstrates problem solving, organization, judgment, and
diplomacy and multi-tasking skills are necessary.
- Ability to work independently and supervise individual workload
to meet targets and productivity standard along with a varied
- Must be 18 years of age, as required to co-sign legal documents
(hospital consent forms, etc.).
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Health Educator Registration, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!