Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 9, 2021
In collaboration with nursing leadership, designs, develops,
implements and evaluates a variety of educational offerings to
include orientation, to improve nursing care and
clinical/organizational outcomes. This nurse is an educator,
consultant, role model, staff/patient advocate, change agent,
leader and cost effective professional. This position reports to
the Clinical / Administrative Nurse Manager or Director, Nursing
- Develops, conducts, coordinates, evaluates, reviews the general
and unit specific orientation programs for nursing department staff
at the site and system level.
- Assesses the educational needs of the nursing department staff
in collaboration with management and implements educational
- Acts as liaison/resource for educational programs
inter-departmentally at the site and system level.
- Serves as role model/mentor to new and existing nursing
department staff to ensure assimilation into the hospital and
provision of quality care.
- Plans and implements educational activities designed meet
identified needs shown through gap analysis and survey of nursing
staff/managers in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the establishment of the review/revision and
evaluation of policies and procedures affecting hospital
departments and nursing.
- Participates/facilitates in hospital and nursing division
committees to offer nursing and educational perspective.
- Seeks ongoing learning experiences in order to keep current
with practice and promote self-growth.
- Maintains current nursing license and any additional
- Demonstrates Customer Focus, Patient Experience, and Patient
and Family Centered Care.
- Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes
including Joint Commission, CMS, National Patient Safety Goals and
compliance to Restraint/Seclusion policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies
required for job classification, along with TB testing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Chain of Command process and
initiates as needed.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
Master's degree preferred.
- Work Experience: 3-5 years clinical experience required,
previous teaching experience preferred.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN License in State of
- Other Qualifications: BCLS instructor status.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Nurse Educator, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!