Respiratory Therapist Reg
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Assists patients of all ages with acute and chronic illness in
returning to a productive life style through the education and the
application of various therapeutic modalities. May perform
diagnostic testing and monitoring through the application / use of
spirometry both at bedside and in conjunction with physician orders
for pulmonary function studies.
- Develop patient care plans per established protocols. Perform
and provide chart review, audits and documentation of services
provided. Provide patient and family education.
- Responsible for maintaining patient's airway outside of the OR
including: ventilator management, Arterial Blood Gas
sampling/analysis, CPR & Rapid Response teams, administering &
monitoring the use of oxygen, aerosolized meds, bedside spirometry
and other therapeutic modalities.
- Equipment processing, including high level disinfecting.
- Participates in Physician or collaborative patient rounds.
- Participates in Process Improvement initiatives (Kaizens).
- Performs PFT's and related tests per physician order. Provides
educational opportunity for students, nursing, etc. during routine
- Performs patient assessment to determine appropriateness of
orders. Interacts with physician for follow up / interpretation of
- Orientation/training of new employees and students performing
- Evaluation of equipment.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Associate of Applied Science degree in
- Work Experience: None required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Current State of
Michigan Respiratory Therapist license. NBRC-RRT credential
required. Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare
Providers certification. NRP certification preferred to work in the
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Respiratory Therapist Reg, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!