Medical Assistant II
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Under the direction of management and physician leadership,
performs and oversees functions related to the clinical activities
including, but not limited to: maintains patient flow by assisting
and promoting the delivery of primary and preventative health care,
performs technical procedures, lab protocols and clinically
oriented activities under physician/provider direction. The Medical
Assistant II will assist management in achieving office
efficiencies in accordance with stated policies/procedures to
ensure efficient operations with a focus on supporting physicians,
clinic staff and management which embodies the "Service First"
philosophy to promote customer satisfaction.
Acts as an assistant to the physician/provider by providing
primary healthcare and patient care management.
- Collaborates work efforts with the clerical staff to optimize
operations and patient flow.
- Interacts with outside healthcare facilities and agencies
involving patient care and insurance.
- Maintains updated competencies, demonstrating ability to speak
to leadership and accreditation bodies about process and
- Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed.
- Provide coverage in other departments or locations as
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports
the model of patient and family centered care.
- Performs and is formally assigned one of the additional
responsibilities as part of their primary duties, which should be
at least 20% or more of dedicated time:
- Primary Care gaps in care identification, outreach, and chart
- Residency clinic role
- High level disinfection
- Designated new hire preceptor
- Role in practice participating in or leading special
programs/grants (i.e. CPC Plus, SIM, Vaccine for Child Program,
process improvement, service excellence ambassador)
- Care management (PDCMs)
- Qualified language interpreter
- Super User for EPIC or specific competency
- Advanced provider support - assisting with complex procedures
and/or infusion/chemo scheduling.
- Float pool assignment w/competency evaluation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited MA program, including a clinical
rotation, or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to perform diagnostic testing, EKG's, administer
injections, blood pressures, navigate Epic One chart electronic
health record, and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
nurses, medical assistant students, practice administration, and
- Must exhibit behavior associated with the Beaumont Standards of
service, respect, ownership, and attitude.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Medical Assistant II, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!