Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Sign-on Bonus available!!
$1,500 for full-time positions
$750 for part-time positions
Would you like to join Beaumont that has been serving patients
for over 66 years? Come work for us with a team that cares about
you! We are looking for Nursing Assistants who would like to
combine their love for people and desire to provide compassionate
care with opportunities to advance your career.
Check out the video below that shows the vital role our Nursing
Assistants play in providing patient and family centered care!
Provides care to the patient according to the plan of care, unit
routine and hospital policy under the direction of a Registered
The Nursing Assistant assists in patient care throughout nursing
areas and is responsible for the following:
- Providing care to the patient according to the plan of care,
specific unit routines and hospital policy under the
Direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Documentation of care provided in the electronic medical
- Safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher,
dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services.
- Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a
patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant
observation, either in person or via remote video monitoring, to
maximize his/her safety.
- Performs general receptionist and clerical duties to facilitate
efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe
his/her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to
facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Work Experience:
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life
Support certification required
- Current CNA certification preferred
- Other Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards and
behaviors in all aspects of job performance
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Nursing Assistant, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!