Under minimal supervision of the Director, Informatics &
Biostatistics, and with a high degree of autonomy, the Research
Scientist works as a team leader and co-investigator to lead
research aspects of the department. Research Scientist will design,
collaborate, plan, perform data analysis and prepare reports. The
Research Scientist will develop collaborative research with
Beaumont researchers, as well as maintain their own
Maintain an active research program through the identification
of relevant areas of study, developing appropriate approaches, and
presenting the results. Collaborate with other researchers and
trainees to generate research ideas and develop protocols.
- Research Scientist - Health Economist will manage all aspects
research laboratory, including staff selection and training,
and scheduling, monitoring of project funds, coordination of
and analysis, and acquisition and use of equipment and
- Review current literature in relevant fields. Critically
research data and prepare research results for publication in
and presentations at scientific meetings.
- Seek grant support for new and/or continuing research
including identification of funding sources, grant development
managing of awarded grants.
- Participate and/or lead routine departmental research
serve on research committees as delegated.
- Provide research methodology training to research fellows,
residents, technicians, and students.
- Perform related departmental/divisional duties as
PhD degree in economics, health economics, health management
and/or policy, health services research or related fields. The
Laboratory, Clinical Research Scientist and Health Economist must
have evidence of research productivity and independence.
5 years relevant research training and/or experience.
Experience working with graduate students and/or medical
- Evidence of authorship and successful grant submissions. Basic
statistics; experience with specialized techniques and
procedures used in
research specific department; strong written and oral
- Experience collaborating with medical and/or public health
professionals in a multidisciplinary setting.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT UNDER RESEARCH GRANT