Director, Media Relations
Company: Airfoil Group
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Director, Media Relations
Airfoil Group, a leading marketing communications firm, is
looking for a Director to support our strategy & media relations
team. The Media Relations Director will lead the communications
strategy, media relations and program execution for our clients.
This includes the understanding of the media landscape, trends in
public relations and contributing to media relations programs
aligned with our clients' goals. The Media Relations Director will
provide media strategy and lead the extended team in executing
programs while working directly with trade, consumer, and business
media on a regular basis. This individual has a proven track record
of story placements and established relationships with the media.
The Media Relations Director will work across all teams to support
new business and growth initiatives.
- Develop communications strategy for prospects and clients
- Demonstrate proficiency in media relations, including creating
and driving both traditional, social and digital multi-channel
media outreach plans and goals
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to
- Identify and maintain strong working relationships with key
media across a variety of platforms
- Provide crisis communications council to clients as needed
- Plan and manage executive media tours
- Conduct and/or participate in executive media and presentation
- Manage and develop junior team members in their ability to
execute programs and provide clients counsel on tactical media
- Participate in new business proposals; lead or assist in
creating and presenting proposals
- Contribute to business growth by introducing clients to new
capabilities, building a network of industry contacts and
participating in relevant professional organizations
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a concentration in public
relations, marketing, communications or journalism
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 3 years in
a management role
- Proven knowledge of public relations industry
Airfoil offers a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family. We
also offer a traditional and Roth 401 (k) plan with a generous
company match. We value a healthy work life balance and offer a
flexible work schedule and remote working options. You will also
have the opportunity to participate in professional development and
personal development programs.
Commemorating 20 years as an independent agency, Airfoil Group
is known as a marketing engine for launching businesses, brands,
and products, particularly in the technology sector. Woman-owned
and WBENC/SBA-certified, Airfoil is comprised of two integrated
marketing-services firms: Airfoil Communications, which leverages
third-party advocacy to build brand awareness and shift perception;
and, Airfoil Digital, which specializes in user engagement and
experience, demand generation, and digital marketing programs.
Airfoil has built a reputation for results and earned its
placement on prestigious industry lists such as O'Dwyer's "Top 50
Independent Public Relations Firms," The Holmes Report "Top 12
Technology Firms," Advertising Age "Best Places to Work," PRNews'
"Small Agency of the Year," PRSA's "Silver Anvil Award of
Excellence" and "Silver Anvil Award of Commendation," and multiple
Hermes Creative awards.
Keywords: Airfoil Group, Royal Oak , Director, Media Relations, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!