Technical Support Assistant
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Assists the professional staff with the daily handling of
equipment needs in the OR environment. Coordinates PMIs and repairs
with appropriate disciplines. Sets up and checks patient equipment
prior to case starts.
- Coordinates PMIs and repairs with Biomedical Engineering and
Facilities Management in the proper time frame. Performs operator
level calibrations and maintenance of operative equipment as
needed. Maintains records on equipment orders, invoices and related
- Monitors and organizes equipment accessories/parts supply
levels, reordering when necessary. Develops and maintains database
information on all equipment and coordinates new equipment
- Assists the surgical team in transferring the patient to and
from the OR table. Assists the surgical team in positioning the
patient under the direction of the surgical team. Assists the OR
team when opening for Robotic and Stealth cases. Assists the
surgical team in room turnover.
- Provides technical support to OR staff related to equipment,
including but not limited to, microscopes, Medtronics stealth,
Stryker, Olympus video, Davinci robots, Arthrex towers, Olympus
equipment, various printers & computer throughout the OR.
- Communicates appropriately and completes special projects as
assigned. Makes work-related decisions.
- Provide highest quality of service delivered efficiently,
effectively and compassionately as outline in our standards 100% of
- Scrubs in to hold cameras, limbs, and retractors, under the
direction of the surgeon.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training:
High school diploma required. Stealth Navigation Training
Course. Davinci Robotic training. People Soft training class. O-Arm
training. Sterile Technique training with the OR educator
- Experience in the OR preferred.
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- BLS certification required.
- Exceptional customer service and "can do" attitude demonstrated
in a team concept. As the equipment becomes more and more technical
and specialized, it is the responsibility of the TSA to work the
various reps & vendors to update their knowledge and skills.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Technical Support Assistant, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!