Guest Relations Sales Associate
Company: Detroit Zoo
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Guest Relations Sales Associate is responsible for providing
quality customer service to all guests of the Detroit Zoo. Service
and service recovery must be provided in a professional, efficient,
proactive, and safe manner. All employees must be committed to
ensuring our guests have engaging, meaningful, and memorable
experiences. This role will carry out all assignments to provide
guests engaging, meaningful, and memorable experiences
This role must demonstrate in-depth product knowledge in all
sales categories including rides, attractions and membership and
will use proven sales techniques and strategies to contribute to an
increase in ticket revenue. The starting rate for this role is
$12.72 per hour.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in multiple locations of the Guest Relations department
including, but not limited to, admissions, rides and attractions,
parking operations and events.
- Direct visitors to various facilities and exhibits, providing
- Actively sell all ticket packages. Collects admission, parking,
attractions, membership and event fees.
- Follows all cash-handling procedures as outlined in the
- Engage with all guests in a friendly, professional, welcoming
manner, and resolve guest complaints when able, involving the Guest
Relations Supervisor as needed.
- Respond to emergencies by notifying proper authorities and
following emergency response protocols
- Help set up and operate special events.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- Must have high school diploma/ GED or be working towards
- One year of experience in sales and previous experience in
customer service or other activities involving positive contacts
with the public.
- Must have a positive, friendly, and social disposition.
- Be able to interact with the general public in a professional
and efficient manner.
- Must be comfortable using a computer and a cash register. Basic
math skills are required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work locations are determined by season, event, and volume of
visitors. Work is largely performed outdoors. There will be
exposure to computer monitors and exposure to seasonal weather
conditions and elements.
Able to perform the essential functions of various duties;
walking and standing for long periods of time; stooping; kneeling;
and bending; lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is light to medium.
Reasonable accommodations to enable qualified individuals with
limitations to perform the essential functions of the job may be
Keywords: Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak , Guest Relations Sales Associate, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!