Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: June 17, 2022
This position is responsible for the efficient operations of the
department's clerical support staff. In addition to performing
clerical work-related duties, this position schedules subordinate
staff, assigns work duties and enforces departmental standards,
policies and procedures. Oversees staff interaction and operational
integrity with the system.
1. Ensures adequate staffing through scheduling, delegates
duties/work assignments, checks staff's work quality/quantity.
2. Supervises office operations for compliance with established
standards and policies.
3. Directs the work of assigned staff, completes job performance
evaluations and makes recommendations.
4. Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as necessary.
5. Participates in the hiring and discharging of employees in the
6. Responsible for coordinating, developing and maintaining
effective efficient work flow processes for office operations.
7. May oversee bi-weekly audit of payroll to monitor the accuracy
of data input and minimize payroll adjustments.
8. May participate in teaching programs, in-service educational
classes and orientation and training of new employees.
9. Prepares and maintains a variety of files, i.e., departmental
and/or patient, progress notes, attendance/time-entry.
10. Ensures adequate inventory of office supplies is maintained so
that tasks can be completed in a timely manner.
11. Acts as liaison between vendors, contractors and hospital
departments for department activities and special projects.
12. Assists the director in day-to-day operations of the
department, including identifying ongoing office staff training
13. Performs a variety of clerical functions including typing,
recording, filing, answering telephones and computer entry.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training: Requires a minimum or a high school
diploma or GED. Secondary education is desired.
B. Work Experience: Requires a minimum of three years of
progressively responsible administrative/clerical experience
supporting a business office environment. Lead or previous
supervisory experience is preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: None required.
D. Other Qualifications: Requires effective communication and
interpersonal skills, the ability to mentor, coach and lead
subordinate staff. Requires the ability to organize the work
activities of clerical support staff, maintain a variety of
operational records and files; handle employee and physician
concerns using effective problem-solving skills. Microsoft Office
suite proficient and experience with computerized record
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak , Unit Secretary, Other , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!