Y Positive Play Site Supervisor
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Y Positive Play Site Supervisor
Y Positive Play, 1016 West Eleven Mile Road, Royal Oak, Michigan,
United States of America Req #584
Thursday, December 31, 2020
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is a non-profit organization
dedicated to strengthening the foundation of community through
youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively
affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the
Y, you'll discover more than just a job-you'll enjoy a career with
the chance to make a lasting difference in the lives of those
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit
committed to strengthening community through youth development,
healthy living and social responsibility. Under the supervision of
the Regional Program Manager-YPPI, the Site Supervisor will be
responsible for the supervision, planning, implementation, and
development of activity plans for a group of children, including
assisting in the child's social, emotional, physical, and cognitive
development at a particular site.
- Assist in overall management of your site. Be visible!
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment; attending to the needs
of the children at all times.
- Welcome parents and children at all times with a smile and by
- Communicate with parents and community members about in town
leagues for youth to participate in.
- Supervise part-time youth sports coordinator at site.
- Serve as a role model for all youth participating in the YPPI
program and all staff by displaying exemplary behavior at all times
included but not limited to demonstrating YMCA core values, voice,
and HEPA standards.
- Responsible for site plan development and implementation of the
weekly activities for the children. Site Plans must meet the
requirements set by the Director/Manager on a weekly basis and
involve HEPA and CATCH programming, sports sampling, free play,
healthy snack, character development, and leadership
- Assist in planning and preparing for mobile sites; set-up and
clean-up and preparing needed equipment and supplies
- Assume equal responsibility of general housekeeping tasks. This
includes all site clean up.
- Attend all staff meetings and other activities (i.e. open
houses, kick off events, special events, meetings, etc.) as
required. Assist and attend community events to promote Sport Port
- Continue professional development through community
involvement, training and workshops.
- Serve healthy snacks and maintain paperwork as
- Supervise, support and distribute food/meals to SportPort
community and stationary partners as assigned.
- Complete required paperwork associated with the collection of
data for SportPort and
- food/meal distributed at sites.
- Ensure site compliance at assigned location of COVID-19 policy
and protocols inclusive of PPE, cleaning and social distancing of
staff and program participants.
- Have an understanding and follow all emergency procedures at
each site and record drills as needed.
Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all site staff,
YMCA staff, program participants and the general public.
- Have a working knowledge of and adhere to all regulations in
accordance with State laws and requirements.
- Follow all safety and child abuse prevention
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment, attending to the needs
of the children at all times
- Document incidents and accidents by filling out an FYI for
parents, and YMCA incident Report forms, submit them to supervisor.
Communicate all emergencies to supervisor immediately.
- Implement a consistent system for teaching, recognizing and
reinforcing the YMCA core values at your site.
- Turn in all completed free play forms sheets to supervisor on a
daily basis as required
- Assist in monitoring the quantity, quality, appearance,
maintenance, and storage of all supplies and equipment needed for
program delivery. Maintain general supply list on an ongoing
- Communicate with other staff on a regular basis regarding the
program and its participants.
- Ensure the program sites assigned meet the needs of the
participants and expectations of the parents.
- Promote the Sport Port program through canvassing and providing
marketing material to the communities assigned, front line follow
through in communication and program fidelity to partners.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Provide a safe and open environment for the children
participating in the program.
- Provide positive relations with those associated with the YMCA,
children and parents alike.
- A positive image of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit in the
- Sound management skills of the various components of the
position, including all supervision.
- The degree to which the needs of the participants, and their
families are being met.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working
relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different
backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport
and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other
person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations.
Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes
effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers
learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and
discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes
goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in
meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports
all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or
goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job
performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks
opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal
feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact
relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and
skills required to perform well; uses best practices and
demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Credit hours in elementary education, sports and recreation or
early childhood courses, and two years working with youth
- Requires the individual must be 21 years of age and pass the
driver consent to drive the van.
- CPR, First Aid, AED, and Child Safe certifications, Concussion
trainings are required within 60 days.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in all physical
- Ability to sit and stand from a seated position on the floor
when interacting with children.
- Capability to be outside participating for up to 120 minutes a
day, year round.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit ("YMCA") is an equal opportunity
employer and seeks to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for
all. The YMCA does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring or other
terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, color,
gender, gender identity, sex, age, religion, national origin,
genetic information, ethnicity, height, weight, marital status,
sexual orientation, disability, military status or application or
any other basis protected by state, federal or other applicable
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is committed to ensuring the
safety and well-being of children in our programs. We hold all
staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards.
We require all staff to be screened regularly and sign a code of
conduct. All staff will be monitored when interacting with
program participants. We take any inappropriate interactions
participants and with staff very seriously and will fully cooperate
authorities in any case of abuse.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Required Education Some College
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit, Royal Oak , Y Positive Play Site Supervisor, Professions , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!