Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Royal Oak
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Under supervision of a Registered Nurse and following hospital
policies and procedures, performs various nursing care tasks and
treatments on assigned patients.
- Performs routine bedside nursing activities including: bathing
and personal grooming of patients; ambulating, moving and turning
patients; assisting patients with bedpans or urinary devices;
making patient beds and caring for personal property.
- Assists in performing additional nursing procedures such as
catheterizations, suctioning, irrigating colostomies, applying
restraints, giving enemas, douches and sitz baths or pericare.
- Takes vital signs and records intake and output.
- Applies and changes sterile and non-sterile dressing using
- Performs more complex nursing procedures and treatments after
theoretical preparation and supervised clinical experience.
- Keeps professional nursing staff advised of current patient
status as well as changes in patient condition as they occur.
- Performs assessments and documents accurate, complete and
concise patient information on appropriate forms, including flow
sheets, activity records, etc.
- Participates in nursing staff conferences, in-services and
- Ensures the optimum utilization of personnel, supplies and
- Provides copy of current school transcript to supervisor at the
end of each marking period to confirm continued eligibility.
- Assists in admitting, transferring and discharging
- Assists in pre-operative and post-operative care. This document
represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of
this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks
and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents
may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Currently enrolled and attending an accredited school of
registered nursing. May be enrolled in an (accredited) Bachelor of
Science in Nursing Program (BSN) or Associate Degree of Nursing
- Note: ADN graduates will be required to sign a BSN completion
agreement upon hire/placement in a graduate nurse position.
- RN from another state awaiting Michigan Licensure (or) Graduate
Nurse from accredited school of nursing awaiting retake of NCLEX or
awaiting results of the last exam.
- Transcripts must be provided at the time of hire and may be
requested for review periodically.
- Work Experience :
- Requires evidence of successful completion of adult
medical-surgical rotations - theory and clinical.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration :
- Requires current BLS certification.
- Other Qualifications :
- Requires the interpersonal and communication skills to
effectively deal with patients and their families to calm fears and
to exchange detailed patient information with hospital professional
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented
- Requires the ability to gather and assess patient information
from a variety of sources in a timely manner and relay accurate
information to professional staff.
- Requires basic keyboard familiarity, ability to effectively
utilize hospital information and electronic medical record
software/system as required.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Royal Oak , Nurse Technician, Professions , Royal Oak, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!